Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Let God Get Revenge And Settle Scores, Not You


Good day brothers and sisters in Christ! Today, I would like to talk about letting God settling the score, not you!

From the Bible, the book of Romans 12:19 says, "Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord."

Today while I was in church, I noticed a brother named Nicholas was hurting and looking really upset about something. I quickly went up to him and asked him if he was okay, and tears started rolling down his eyes. I knew something was wrong, hence I gave him time to share. He started talking about how discouraged he was: One of his friends told him that all the students in his school are useless, and of course he knew it wasn't true. But he didn't retaliate nor fought with that guy, because he knew it was not right to do so. He just held it in his heart until I asked him.

One thing he did right in God's eyes was not retaliating nor fighting back with that guy. He let God settle the score! After encouraging and praying for him, he felt much better as if he's gotten over it! Well, he did! And I could see the relief and joy in his eyes because He knew God cares for Him!

Thank you Huey Wern for encouraging Nicholas together with me, you're a great encourager =)

If you're finding difficulties in letting God settling the score and wanting to settle it on your own, remind yourself of Romans 12:19 as written above. If you hate what that person did, learn to forgive and love that person. You see, we're all sinful people and we do make mistakes. Nobody has never made a mistake in their lives! I myself have made countless mistakes, and have been forgiven many times too!

Can you "love the sinner and hate the sin"?

I just want to encourage you to let God get revenge and settle scores, not you. Because if you try to settle scores on your own, you might feel good at first, but you'll end up feeling bad after awhile =)

No comments: