Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

With Everything


Welcome back brothers and sisters, today I want to talk about loving God with Everything.

To love God with Everything, how do we do that? Well, that's what we're going to discuss about today!

From the Bible, the book of Mark 12:30 says, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

The verse tells us to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. Phew! That's going to be a tough call for us to do, based on the fact that we are all sinful creatures. But here's the catch, it can be done! But how?

You see, when Jesus was walking on our planet 2000 years ago, even Satan wanted to make Him fall. But Jesus always used Bible Scriptures to repel Satan, and of course He was always thinking eternally far beyond that situation! So what do we do?

A good step we can take is to read the Bible and memorize Bible verses, this way when temptation comes we can exercise the Bible verse to help us to be victorious in every situation. For me personally, every time when I feel down, depressed, stuck, or even lost, I would remind myself with Bible verses and always know that He is God.

For example, whenever I am emotionally down, I would remind myself from:
Matthew 6:8 which says, "...your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."
Joshua 1:9 which says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
Matthew 6:33 which says, "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

And of course, I would remind myself of the prophecies He gave me a couple of years back while I was still serving in National Service, "The Lord your God will guide you every single step of your life."

Loving the Lord your God with everything takes time and effort! It's not a One-Night Magic! It's years of growing in the Lord and learning from your mistakes! At least that's how it was for me, and I'm still learning daily! Our faith is always growing!

Listen, we will fall once in awhile. We are not perfect, in fact nobody in the Bible was perfect at all! All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God! But it is not whether we fall, it's whether we get back up after we fall!

To love God with everything means putting Him first in every areas of your life! No it's not going to be easy, but rest assured because when God takes the lead in your life, you know you're on the right track!

Sometimes what we want isn't always what we get. But most of the time, what we get is always better than what we want =)

I just want to encourage you to keep clinging on to God and loving with WITH EVERYTHING! =)

No comments: