Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

When I Am Afraid, I Put My Trust In You


If you've read Genesis 40-41, it tells of a God-fearing man named Joseph who revealed the meaning of dreams to Pharaoh's Chief Cupbearer, Pharaoh's Chief Baker and Pharaoh himself. Joseph told them that it is God who interprets the meaning of the dreams, not him. And astonishingly, the dreams that Pharaoh's Chief Cupbearer, Pharaoh's Chief Baker and Pharaoh himself told Joseph, everything that Joseph interpreted came true.

Here's the catch: Only God knows the future. The best way to prepare for whatever lies ahead is to stick close to Him.

Preparation:
- Treat every experience, good or bad, as a learning opportunity - because it just may be one! You may have no idea what God has in store for you in the future, but you can be sure that He is preparing you for it. Sometimes that preparation will be obvious. Other times, though, you may not even know you're being prepared until you look back on your life and see where God has led you. Then you may begin to understand why.

What parts of your life are you holding back from God? More importantly, why are you holding them back? And what might happen if you gave everything you have to God?

Psalm 9:10 says, "Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You."

Psalm 20:7 says, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."

Psalm 28:7 says, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."

Psalm 37:23-24 says, "The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand."

It's time to stick close to God and trust Him.

P.S: Psalm 56:3 says, "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."

No comments: