Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Holy Experience


I would like to share my mini experience and some things that I've learned.

"The Holy Experience" is the camp hosted by the CBC Subang that I recently went!
It was a camp where many of my perspectives were put into place;
And a change was brought to my heart as well.

I don't know many people from CBC Subang, only a handful of people.
But not knowing that many people brought joy to my heart.
Why? Cause there were so many new people I could have conversations with.
There was so many new things I could learn from other people!
And at the same time, I'm given to opportunity to inspire people too!

It was really a fun camp as we all traveled to Fraser's Hill in a bus.
As we reached the campsite, we were put into 5 groups.
And within each group a captain was appointed.
By God's grace, I became the captain of my team and there began our journey!
Our group was named the "Low-Fat Wallflower"
(Woaaahhh what a great name!)
We hustled through games, exercises, sessions and devotions.
We trusted and worked with each other as we created our group chant and sketch!
By the end of the camp, we managed to achieve 3rd place.
But the most important thing is this:
We already won as a team in our hearts,
For we placed our trust in each other and worked together as a team!

On the way back in the bus, I shared my lung operation story.
It was amazing how it was able to inspire and encourage many people!
And it served as a reminder for me that God is with me!

The main purpose of me going to the camp was actually to have a God-encounter.
To hear what He has to say to me through the camp.
And true enough, He spoke to me and changed my perspectives.

Out of all the things that God spoke to me, 2 of them stood out the most:

Firstly,
Finding a partner with the right heart and values is very important.
Because as you embark on your adventure through your journey of life,
You'll find that your partner and you will rely on each other a lot.
Our speaker Reverend Koe spoke and shared about one of his experience.
Many many years ago, he and his girlfriend (Wife now) was in Singapore.
They were ready to depart to New Zealand,
When suddenly they lost all their important documents.
And just as Reverend Koe was about to take the easy way out,
To go back Malaysia and not go New Zealand,
His girlfriend hit him on his head and said,
"You of little faith! This is just a test for us!"
And true enough, a phone rang days later.
They managed to retrieve all the important documents back.
This story speaks loudly to me because it shows the values of the partner.
That when you are with a person who has the right heart and values,
He/she will be able to encourage you to pull through when you can't.
Therefore selecting your partner is a matter of wisdom.

Secondly,
The 90/10 principle. What does it mean?
We have no control over 10% of what happens to us in life,
But 90% of the rest are determined by our reaction towards it.
If someone accidentally spilled some milk onto my shirt,
I could either get really mad and bombard that person with critical words,
And give myself unnecessary stress at the same time which I don't need.
Or I could just forgive and remind that person to be more careful.
In every situation that we are faced,
How we react to it will determine how good or bad our day will be.
It's all in the mind, and there's always a battle going on in there!

The main theme verse of the camp is Jeremiah 29:13-14.
But I believe verse 11 and 12 is equally important.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
[Jeremiah 29:11-13]

No comments: