Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Friday, January 2, 2015

A Child-like Faith


A child-like faith.

That was what I witnessed in front of my eyes when my little brother (Shawn)
went up to a Malay family and asked the grandma on the wheelchair: "Are you okay?"

I wanted to pull him away so that we don't disturb the family,
but somehow something prompted me to just let my little brother greet them.

He approached the nanny on the wheelchair and asked, "Are you okay?"
The family members replied yes she was okay.

He asked one more time, "Are you okay?"
They reaffirmed him that she was all good.

Then my little brother asked for their names and they gave him their names.

After every family members gave him their names,
he then proceeded with something that shook my world and opened my eyes.

Seeing the nanny on the wheelchair and her entire family standing around her,
my little brother said to her,
"Pastor Reynold (My church pastor), pray, Jesus Christ, healing. You, running."

The family was trying to understand what he said as his speech wasn't clear to them,
but I could listen and understand very well.

He repeated the same thing the second time,
"Pastor Reynold, pray, Jesus Christ, healing. You, running."

Then he used his finger to spell the name on the guy's shoulder.
With his finger, he wrote each letter and spoke each letter out:
"C - H - R - I - S - T" then he exclaimed with a loud voice the entire name: "CHRIST!"

He was so confident that Jesus Christ is their solution.

I wanted to clarify to the Malay family what he said,
but I wasn't courageous enough to tell them what he said since they were malays.
I knew they heard the name of Christ through my little brother though.

So I encouraged my brother to get going and we left that family.

On my way up the lift, it was just my little brother and I standing there.
The scene continued to replay in my mind.
What on planet earth did I just witnessed in front of me?

Here's my little brother, seeing a nanny in the wheelchair.
Understanding that probably she was unable to walk.
So he decided to ask her if she was okay, knowing very well that she wasn't.
And then he simply tells her what he understands about God, saying that if we pray,
Jesus Christ will heal her and she will be running in no time again.

What I saw tonight was simply beautiful.
Something that I don't see anywhere in the world but through my little brother.

Maybe my little brother is an angel sent by God to minister to this Malay family.
That even a special child can grasp the love of Christ knowing that He heals.
And my job was just to simply translate and explain to the family what he was saying.
But I didn't and hope I don't make the same mistake out of fear again.

This has encouraged me to be more bold and courageous.
And I hope it encourages you too.

A child-like faith.

"Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God
like a little child will never enter it."
[Luke 18:17]

No comments: