Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Resolve To Be Content Even During Hard Circumstances

Dear faithful readers, I would like to talk about "Being Content Even During Hard Circumstances"!

This verse is really powerful! From the book of Philippians 4:11-12, it says, "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Now, if you're going through a hard time in any areas of your life right now, it might be hard for you to believe that it is possible to be content in the situation you're going through right now. However, it is possible to be content even during hard circumstances!

Allow me to share my experience, I had a multitude of struggles in my life back then. All my struggles, obstacles in life and problems that surfaced on my heart almost made me fall of the bridge in life! Yes I stumbled alot and my faith was shaken plenty of times, but I always reminded myself that whenever a problem arises right in front of me, I'd have to face it as it it a test that God is giving me! Life is a test, there will be the good times where we have so much strength and faith to praise God, and there will be the tough times where God wants to see how faithful we are to Him! Look at Job from the Bible, God took away almost everything in his life, and yet He never left God! God never left him nor forsake him too! Whenever you feel like giving up, know that God is still here with you! His promises are ever true always!

Back to my life story, I went through an operation when I was 16 years old, the doctors were forced to cut open my flesh and repair my lungs! The bad news is, I have to be awake while they cut my flesh and repair my lungs with all the knives and needles and scissors! The good news is, God gave me the strength to endure the pain as I cried out and shouted out at the top of my lungs for help! GOD GAVE ME A SECOND CHANCE TO LIVE! And I made a commitment to live rightfully for this second chance He has given me in life!

Up to this day, I can say that through all my tough times and good times, I too have learned to be content in all the situations! Yes, sometimes temptations do come, and most of the times Satan will try to influence me and lie to me telling me that I don't have enough, that I should have more! And I would tell myself, God's my Provider! The LORD is my sheperd, I shall not be in want! This doesn't mean that I don't ask anything from the LORD at all, but by prayer and petition I give Him through my prayers and let Him decide for me! This is where faith comes in and plays an important role! If we've got the faith of a mustard seed, we can do great and mighty things for our God!

In addition, guess what? The next verse, Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me!"

Hence, I encourage you to be content even during hard circumstances! Don't let the devil bring you down! He can say all he want, but in the end, God's the Only One who gives us hope in all we do! Let you life song sing to Him! =)

No comments: