Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Graph Of Life

The graph of life? Yes you've read it right.

A friend of mine told me that if she made a graph about her life right now, it would be scaling up and down constantly. If it's high, it's not really that high; but if it's low then it's really low.

My brothers and sisters in Christ, I would like to encourage you that our lives will not always scale and remain at the top of the graph. We will be constantly be disappointed with failures, mistakes and all the unexpected things in life. It's a part and parcel of life, all of us will go through it. Remember: There is always something to be learned from every situation.

Many times in college, whenever I head to the toilet for a break, I will always see physically deformed people and it makes my heart cries. I would imagine what if I were them? Would I still see things the way I see now? I was hurting inside and wanted to help them get back their natural looks deformed body parts, but I didn't know what to do but to watch them. They are always smiling, looking happy and accepting themselves even though people don't often appreciate life the way they do. And I feel really happy that God can give such joy to these people. Often I ask myself, why not me? Why am I normal but these people not? Why not me? But I've finally realized that God had a purpose for me, He wants me to encourage people and tell them about how much Jesus loves them by sharing how much God has touched me in my life.

I would like to encourage you that whatever you have in life right now, whatever you're going through in life right now, it's not the end of your life but you're going to go through more disappointments, make more mistakes and experience more failures in the future. We live in a broken world, hence the graph of our lives will never be at the top for a long time, it will only reach there and go back down. But don't give up, because we're waiting on the LORD! He is our strength, and strength will rise as we wait upon the LORD!

"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley.
When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place =)

Challenges will keep coming, you'll constantly face difficulties in life and sometimes even wonder why has God put these problems in your life. But remember that Deuteronomy 31:6 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." =)

No comments: