Light Of The World!

Hello there, world! I'm Yong Zhen Kheng a.k.a King! I'm a 24 young man who has given my life to God! I face plenty of challenges and mountains daily, but it is by the grace of God that I'm able to stand tall with His strength in such a world that we live in. "Light Of The World!" is the name of my blog. Because in such a dark world that we live in, everyone is looking for that something somewhere somehow to fill and satisfy their souls. And that is where the Word of God comes in, where love and hope are always present and living. God is the Light of the world, and my prayer is that we will go beyond the call of duty to show love to the people around us with the love that He has shown us - That they may know just how real and amazing our God is! This is what we're here for: To show the world how He love it. This is what we're made for: To lay it all down like He did :) Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven and earth, with wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God! And He has chosen us to be the Light of the world, so come let us share the Good News with the world together! (:
>> Sincerely, a man on many missions.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Using Your Gifts To Bless Others

Do you have a gift? A special gift in life? Or even a normal gift? Well, I have some special and normal gifts, let me share them with you.

I have the gift of composing music and songs! Hence, I compose many of them and let people hear them! When they hear it, most of them tells me the songs I created are funny, interesting and they feel great after hearing them! And obviously after all those positive stuffs, they would say that I'm a pretty good composer. Well, I would tell them that all credits, glory and honor goes to God because if He didn't gave me this gift of music, I wouldn't create anything at all! I'm glad to bless people with such a crazy and amazing gift =)

In addition, I was having dinner with some of the Youths from church (Ivan, CJ, Aaron and Huey Wern a.k.a Bubbles). While eating, there was this old woman holding a stick to support herself walked in front of our table asking for money. Obviously, she wasn't paid much attention to due to all the scam nowadays. But a voice just told me from the inside of my heart, saying "King, it starts from here. If you wanna do something great, it gotta start from these small things!" Instantly, I took out just RM1 and put it into her cup of money. Then I told her that Jesus loves her, and she instantly lit up with a smile and started telling me about Jesus. Couldn't really hear what she say, but after that I felt great because I knew I did a good deed for the LORD!

Also, I realized that being present for people is very important! One of the greatest gifts you can have is time, because when you spend time with a person, you can't buy back that time, because that time you used has been spent on whoever you have spent time with! Time is precious, and every single second counts! Hence, today I spent time with a friend of mine Huey Wern a.k.a Bubbles, sharing with one another! And I feel great, never regretting any second even though I know that moment that passed will never come back!

Adding to that, I have this ability to always learn something from EVERYTHING! A bad movie, a bad situation I'm in, circumstances in life, I always see positive in all of them! I'm always reminding myself that there is always something to learn through all these troubles in life! What do I ask myself when I face these difficulties? "Dear LORD, what are you teaching me through this?" And it works because I know that God is always in control! It's a spiritual gift, because the Holy Spirit is a spiritual gift that God gave us to remind us that Jesus is real!

Finally, I love encouraging people. Because when I encourage people, I feel encouraged knowing that I encourage somebody!

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ! I just want you to know, that Jesus loves you! He wants you to be strong for Him! He wants you to light up for Him! He wants you to be salt and light to the world! Hence my blog title "Light Of The World". Whatever gifts and skills in life He has given you, be it a small one or a big one, use them to glorify His name! Even if it's just telling somebody that Jesus loves him/her, a small encouragement can mean so much to that person!

It is the small things in life that matters. And of course, the big things =)

No comments: